7 Layer Greek Dip
Easy Basic Hummus (If short on time, use your favorite already made hummus)
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ c tahini
- 3 tbsp + ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp + a drizzle more olive oil
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt or Greek Almond Milk Yogurt if dairy free or vegan
- 3-4 teaspoons lemon juice or more to taste
- 1½ tablespoons dill finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped (or more to taste)
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 cup English cucumber, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices, then quarters
1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
1/4 cup crumbled feta (omit if vegan or dairy free)
2-3 tablespoons red onion, diced
fresh parsley for garnish
Easy Basic Hummus
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. Add the olive oil by streaming while mixing.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust to tastes as desired.
- Serve. Stores well in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Taste and add more herbs or lemon juice to taste. Lemon juice will also thin the sauce. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Keeps well for a few days.
- Spread Hummus evenly in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish (mine was approximately 11in x 8 in)
- Spread Herbed Yogurt Dip on top of hummus.
- Top with Cucumber, Tomatoes, Red onions, olives and feta.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with your favorite chip or as a side or on a salad, and enjoy!
5 thoughts on “7 Layer Greek Hummus Dip”
Made the 7 layer Greek hummus dip for Memorial Day. ?? Loved making the hummus and herbed nondairy mixture. Homemade GF tortilla chips and jicama to scoop. Get the best feta to enhance it. I plated it in a glass container which made for pretty presentation. This will be my favourite treat to take when “the Q” is subsided. Enjoy and thank you. ?
I posted five ⭐️.
I recently made this 7 Layer Greek Dip and loved it! This recipe was simple and delicious! Loved all the flavors, especially together in this wonderful dip. I will definitely be making this again.
I prepared this dish for my family’s 4th of July party and it disappeared in 10 min! It was incredibly tasty!