Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo + Vegan)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + extra for topping dark chocolate or dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper, set asid.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter, whisk or stand mixer, mix well to combine and make sure almond flour is fine and without clumps.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Add chocolate chips and run mixer for just 10 seconds to combine.
- Divide batter into 15 equal pieces and place on baking sheet. Roll each piece into a ball and then gently flatten using your palm or the back of a measuring cup. Cookies will not spread much while baking. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are just golden.
- Let set on baking sheet for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container. I like to store my in the refrigerator. Freeze well as well.