Almond Flour Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour we use Bobs' Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour (amazon affiliate link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line full size muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt with a large whisk, pastry cutter or fork. Set aside.
- Add apple cider vinegar and milk together to a liquid measuring cup or small bowl. Let sit while you whisk the eggs. The mix will curdle a bit mimicking a buttermilk.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Then add milk mix, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar and mix to combine.
- Add almond flour mix to the wet ingredients, and mix to combine. Batter will be smooth. Do not over mix.
- Stir in 1/2 cup blueberries to just combine. NOTE: the reason I divide the blueberries is so that they don't all sink to the bottom of the muffin when they bake.
- Scoop batter into prepared baking tins. Top with remaining blueberries. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let sit in baking tins about 10 minutes, move to baking rack to cool and enjoy!
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 1-2 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week Or freezer for several months.