Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1⅓ cup milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup* *The oatmeal cups are not sweet, for a sweeter taste, use 4 tablespoons
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2.5 tablespoons water, soaked 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon * for more cinnamon flavor use 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup apple shredded let stand for 10 mins and gently press out excess liquid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, lightly spray or oil paper liners to avoid sticking.
- If you haven't already, shred your apple and let stand while you gather the rest of your ingredients, then before adding to mix gently press out any excess water using your hands or a paper towel.
- If you haven't already, prepare your flax egg by mixing flax seed meal with water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add all liquid ingredients: milk, maple syrup, mashed banana, flax egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix to combine.
- Add apple and mix to combine.
- Using a small ladle or large spoon, spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins as evenly as possible, gently spooning or pressing mixture flat and into corners.
- Bake 30-32 minutes, or until set and a toothpick comes out clean. The top will be slightly golden.
- Let rest for 5 mins, then enjoy! Or let cool on a baking rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for several days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in microwave for 15-30 seconds to warm as desired.