Asian Chickpea Salad
Fresh, Hearty and Delicious!
It’s no secret that we love a great chickpea and quinoa salad.
Both ingredients are so versatile, taking on the flavors of the dressing or sauce they are paired with.
Coming off the holidays where we ate lots of amazing Italian food, my husband and I were both craving Asian flavors and salads… hence the creation of this amazingly flavorful Asian Chickpea Salad. And we’ve been loving it ever since!
This simple, plant-based salad is fresh, hearty, has great crunch and the best flavor!
And because it is so crisp, it makes a great salad in the warmer weather.
The details… Chickpeas, Broccoli, Snow Peas, Purple Cabbage, Quinoa, Red Pepper, Carrots, Salted Cashews, and the YUMMIEST 5 ingredient Miso Ginger Dressing.
And like our others salads, it is so versatile! Add more or less of your favorite ingredients and it will still taste great.
Even the dressing is adaptable — you can add a teaspoon or two of honey for a slightly sweeter option.
Hope you love it as much as we do!
Scroll down for recipe and leave me a comment if you try it.
Asian Chickpea Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (approximately 1½ cups)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (approximately ½ cup uncooked yields 2 cups cooked - see below for instructions if needed)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into thirds
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1½ - 2 cups red or purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups small broccoli florets
- ½ cup salted cashews (optional but recommended)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1- 2 teaspoons honey (optional for a sweeter dressing)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, place ½ cup quinoa and water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to simmer, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Once water is absorbed, turn off heat and let cool briefly. Fluff with fork before using. Note: ½ cup uncooked quinoa will yield about 2 cups cooked quinoa.
- Whisk all ingredients together is a small bowl or liquid measuring cup until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add all chopped veggies, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, cashews and mix together. Add dressing and toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!