Clams Oreganta Dip
- 2 cans minced clams with their juices do not drain
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley minced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or dairy-free butter
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup gluten-free Italian breadcrumbs we used Aleia's
- Parmesan cheese
- paprika optional for sprinkling
- In a small saucepan or saute pan, simmer clams and juice with lemon juice for approximately 5 minutes over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt butter and saute onions and peppers until soft and tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add parsley and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, breadcrumbs, and clams mixture directly to the saute pan with the vegetables, stir to combine and let cook over medium low heat about 5 minutes.
- If serving immediately, transfer mixture to an oven proof pan of your choice, sprinkle with parmesan and paprika. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- If serving later, transfer mixture to an oven proof pan of your choice, cover and leave in the refrigerator until ready to bake. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, remove from refrigerator, bringing close to room temperature if you have time, bake covered for about 30 minutes or until edges bubbling. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, and enjoy!