Baked Wild Rice with Veggies
- 2 cups wild rice rinsed (I used a gluten -free wild rice blend from Lundberg)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 lb carton cubed squash or approximately 3-4 cups
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil for squash
- 1 teaspoon cumin for squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika for squash
- 3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil for mushrooms
- 1 12 oz package mushrooms sliced, approximately 3 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews whole or chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin and paprika. Add cubed squash and toss to coat.
- Place squash on parchment paper in a single layer and bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender and a little crispy around the edges.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees after removing squash.
While Squash Roasts, cook Rice
- Bring a large pot of salted water (1 teaspoon) to a boil. Add rice and cook for 30 minutes, until firm, not mushy. Drain and set aside.
While Squash and Rice cook, Saute Mushrooms
- In a medium saute pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons olive oil until shimmering not burning. Add mushrooms and saute 10-15 minutes or until soft and tender. Set aside in the saute pan, you will want to add the mushrooms along with the oil to the rice.
Toss together and bake
- Preheat oven to 350 if not already there.
- In a large baking dish add cooked rice, sautéed mushrooms with the extra olive oil in the pan and roasted squash. Toss together and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in cashews and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!