Roasted Veggies with Balsamic Sauce & Grilled Polenta
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved or whole (I prefer while when roasting)
- 1 10 oz. container mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced, divided
Balsamic Sauce (makes just under 1/2 cup -- double if everyone at the table is using the sauce)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon brown sugar more to taste
1 tube pre-cooked polenta
Goat cheese for serving (Optional)
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat an indoor grill pan, saute pan or outdoor grill over medium high heat. If using grill pan or sauce pan, spray pan with olive oil and place polenta in single layer on pan. If using outdoor grill, lightly spray or coat both sides of polenta with olive oil. Cook 5-7 minutes until outside crispy, flip and repeat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- One vegetable at a time, toss with olive oil, lay in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake mushrooms and asparagus for 30 minutes or until tender and just crispy.
- Bake tomatoes for 10 minutes or until blistering.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch and water until combined.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium high heat, stir in olive oil, vinegar, corn starch mixture and brown sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and stir while sauce thickens. Sauce thickens very quickly. Remove from heat and place in a heat proof small serving bowl and stir once more to make sure well combined. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serve sauce warm or room temperature.