Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Remaining quesadilla ingredients
- Frozen canned (drained and rinsed) or cooked corn off the cob
- Monterrey jack cheese or your favorite dairy-free cheese shredded
- Gluten-free tortillas we used Siete Foods Almond Flour tortillas
Pico de gallo
- 1 - 1½ cups grape tomatoes halved or quartered or as small as you like
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to tast
Seasoned Black Beans
- Whisk the marinade together, then combine with black beans in bowl or small saucepan. You could use them room temp, but we like to heat them in a small saucepan for 3-5 minutes before adding to the quesadilla.
- Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for several days. If you make ahead and don't heat up, then just make sure to cook quesadillas long enough to warm them.
- Heat a large skillet with a little bit of oil over medium/ high heat. Add 1 tortilla. Heat for about 1 minute or until starting to cook/ bubble.
- Add a few spoonfuls of beans (or to taste) and spread evenly, sprinkle some corn evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- Add second tortilla, and lightly brush with oil. and cook 1-2 minutes or until bottom side crisp and filling start to cook/ cheese starting to melt.
- Using a spatula and gently holding the top of the quesadilla, flip the quesadilla and cook the second side 1-2 minutes or until crisp and filling warm/ cheese melted.
Pico de Gallo
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be made a day ahead.
2 thoughts on “Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas”
My Celiac daughter has recently gone vegetarian making it kinda tricky for me to come up with stuff to keep her energized. She was so surprised when I served this. Thank you. We are 3 wins of 3 on your recipes!!! Keep it up:)
Yay! So happy you and your daughter loved these! And happy that you’re enjoying other recipes too!