Black Bean Veggie Quinoa Salad
Quick, fresh & crowd pleasing!
Our favorite Salsa gets an upgrade with this BLACK BEAN VEGGIE QUINOA SALAD. If you’ve followed me a while, you know one of our favorite snacking and entertaining foods is a Black Bean Veggie Salsa that we serve alongside a big bowl of tortilla chips. This fresh and yummy salsa can easily transform into a fresh and hearty salad by simply adding quinoa.
The Salsa is super quick and easy, it takes merely minutes to assemble. It is simply Black Beans, Corn, Green Pepper, Red Onion, Tomatoes and Fresh Parsley all mixed together and seasoned with Rice Wine Vinegar, salt and pepper. Now just add quinoa at a ratio of 2 cups salsa to 1 cup quinoa for an amazing salad.
So if you’re looking for a quick dish to bring to a party or enjoy on your own (can anyone say meal prep?), make a big batch of salsa, a batch of quinoa and mix them together when you’re ready to eat.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Black Bean Veggie Salsa
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Sides, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped OR approx 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch Curly Italian Parsley, chopped (more or less to taste)
- Rice Wine Vinegar to taste (Start with 3 tbsp and taste. I use approximately 3-5 tbsp)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together
- NOTE: Salsa keeps well for several days
- At a ratio of 2 cups salsa to 1 cup cooked quinoa, add quinoa to salsa and toss to combine
- NOTE: I give you this ratio because we will tend to leave some of the salsa as is and make some of it into a salad. With this ratio, you have the option of making one big salad or a smaller salad or making the salad fresh each time you serve it over the course of a few days.