Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Bliss Balls
Let it snow!
Let it snow! Last winter, much to my boys’ dismay, we didn’t get the snow that so many others did, but… our favorite energy bites got a holiday upgrade! The coconut shavings looks like snow, right? Haha…
If you’ve followed The Healthy Gluten-Free Family a while, you know that we are big fans of energy bites, or “bliss balls” as many call them. They are our go-to snack, any time of day. There’s always a stash in our freezer of our favorite five-ingredient energy bite. It’s made with almond butter (we love Barney Butter), gluten-free oats, maple syrup, mini chips (another favorite, the chips from Enjoy Life Foods), and shaved coconut.
Feeling festive, I added dried cranberries & chopped walnuts for some extra nutrients & extra yum factor (and wow did it work)!
Whether with the original recipe or with my holiday extras, these are the perfect energy boost. Try them some snowy day and see what happens!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Breakfast, Cookies, Dessert, Snacks
- 1 16oz jar Barney Butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut + extra for rolling
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ bag Enjoy Life Foods mini-chips (approx ¾ cup)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free oats
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Roll mixture into balls of any size (I usually go with 1 to 1½ inch diameter).
- Add extra oats if mixture too wet.
- Roll in coconut.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- I usually store some in fridge at all times & keep the rest frozen until needed.