Big Bowl of Basics
Roasted Vegetables. (will give you some for a today and extra for another day)
- 1 package pre-cut cauliflower or 1 head of cauliflower cut into 1-2 in pieces
- 1 package Broccoli florets or 1 head of broccoli cut into 1-2 inch florets
- 1 small bag Carrots or 7-8 carrots peeled and cut into strips (or 1 container pre-cut carrots)
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 1.5 lb bag baby potatoes halved (not in photo, optional)
- Avocado or olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric for cauliflower
Handful of fresh baby arugula
Tahini for drizzling (Optional)
!Tahini Dressing (Optional)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice can add more to taste
- ¼ tsp – ½ tsp of sea salt according to taste
- 3/4 cup of water divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper or do in batches.
- Separately toss each vegetable in olive or avocado oil and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Salt and pepper to taste. Bake each vegetable as follows:
- Roasted Carrots - 30 minutes or until getting cripsy, flipping once midway through.
- Roasted Chickpeas, 15-25 minutes. I prefer them only slightly crisp so usually remove at about 15 minutes. For crispier chickpeas, cook 20-25 minutes.
- Roasted Broccoli: 30 minutes or until getting crispy
- Roasted Potatoes: 30 -40 minutes or until crispy
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower: In a small bowl, toss cauliflower in a small amount of olive oil and turmeric. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 30 minutes or until tender and crispy on edges.
- Place all ingredients except the water in a food processor or small blender. Add 1/4 cup water and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides as needed and add more water, 1/4 cup at a time to get desired consistency. The amount of water may depend on the consistency of your tahini. I tend you end up using 3/4 cup water to get the consistency I prefer.
- Taste and adjust to taste, adding more lemon juice or salt as desired.