Burger, Salad & Homemade Fries
Fresh, Savory & Satisfying!
Couldn’t wait for weekend so opted for a classic, feel good dinner… Hilary’s World’s Best Veggie Burger, homemade crispy sweet potato fries and a simple salad with the creamiest avocado + balsamic vinaigrette. Quick and easy but still nourishing real food that is delicious and so satisfying!
We love Hilary’s Veggie Burgers for quick and easy meals. Certified Gluten-free, Organic, Vegan, made with minimally processed ingredients, free of common allergens, really yummy and… all you have to do is heat them up!
Post sponsored by Hilary’s Eat Well but opinions are my own. Particularly happy to partner with Hilary’s during Celiac Awareness and Free From Month because of their commitment to the celiac and free-from communities.
Scroll down for recipe.
Burger, Salad + Homemade Fries
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies, Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes, well scrubbed and dried
- 2 tablespoons, oil (canola, grapeseed or olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh baby lettuce
- Cucumber, cubed
- Broccoli florets
- cherry tomatoes
- ½ fresh avocado
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced or a touch of garlic powder (optional)
- sprinkle of sea salt.
- Prepare according to package. I love preparing it stove top for a crispy outside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Make sure sweet potatoes are dried well.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half. Cut each half into 1 inch thick strips. Then cut the strips in half. You want to cut your sweet potato fries or wedges into even sizes so they cook evenly. (Mine were approximately 3 inches long x 1 inch thick)
- Place sweet potato wedges in a large bowl and toss evenly with oil. (You want the fries to be coated but not dripping in oil). Place oiled fries in a single layer on ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet covered in non stick foil. Make sure sweet potatoes are not touching and that there is room between each sweet potato so that they can get crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for15- 20 minutes, flipping once, or until crispy on outside and tender on inside. (Even if fries are particularly thick, should take more more than 25 minutes because roasting at such a high temperature.)
- Serve immediately. If extras, store in a seal container in fridge and reheat in oven or stove top.
- Place ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and with a fork or whisk, mix till well combined.