Caramel Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Bars
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter or nut/ seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour or gluten-free oat flour I used almond flour here
Date Caramel Layer
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter or nut butter/ seed butter of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large pinches sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice semi-sweet or dark chocolate or dairy free chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Make Peanut Butter Layer
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper so that sides are over-hanging or tucked in and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, on low heat, mix peanut butter and maple syrup until combined and smooth -- approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add almond or oat flour and stir until well combined. The mix will be thick.
- Transfer mix to the prepared pan and press into pan to spread evenly. I like to press the mix down with a spatula to make sure it is even. Set aside.
Make Date Caramel Layer
- Add the dates to a food processor and process until broken down into a smooth paste. Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Spread evenly over baked cookie base.
Make Chocolate Layer
- Wipe the sauce pan clean, then heat chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat, stirring frequently until melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat, then pour chocolate evenly over caramel layer. (rock pan side to side a bit to make sure even as needed)
Chill, Slice and Enjoy!
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, until firm
- Remove from refrigerator and let bars rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting. If they are cold, the chocolate may crack a bit when slicing. Slice into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 1-2 weeks. Can be frozen up to 3 months.