Savory, Lemony and Delicious!
My family doesn’t eat a lot of meat or chicken but we tend to make a big batch of breaded or grilled chicken on Sundays to have for the week.
My husband’s favorite chicken dish is a Chicken Piccata. Thinly sliced chicken is lightly coated in Gluten-free flour, then quickly sautéed in olive oil, then white wine and lots of lemon.
Super quick and packed with flavor!
Scroll down for recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Egg-free optional
- 1 lb chicken, sliced thin
- Gluten-free flour (we use GF Jules)
- ½ teaspoon salt or to tase
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 egg (Optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to cover the saute pan)
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
- NOTE: While the original recipe does not call for egg, sometimes we will dredge the chicken in egg, then flour. It's personal preference.
- If chicken is not thin, place between wax paper and pound lightly with a large heavy spoon to flatten.
- Blend flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- If using egg, whisk egg in a second shallow bowl.
- Set up your workstation with the bowl of egg, flour, and a empty shallow bowl or plate. Dip the chicken into the egg (if using), gently shake off the excess, then dip chicken in flour mixture to coat lightly. Set on empty plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or fry pan, and when it is very hot, not brown, place the chicken in one layer in the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until golden brown, then turn & cook the other side. Approx 2-4 minutes each side.
- Carefully pour off excess oil from pan, holding back the chicken.
- Add the wine to the saute pan. Cook 1-2 minutes, flipping the chicken once, until the wine evaporates.
- Add the lemon juice and cook an additional 2 minutes, flipping the chicken once in the thin sauce.
- Remove chicken and thin sauce from pan and garnish with parsley and lemon.
- Serve immediately.