Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
New updated recipe!** If you've made these before, I've since updated the recipe to be more peanut-buttery
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick dairy free butter or butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- scant 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter I used Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour with xanthum gum* (We used GF Jules flour, Affiliate Link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips we used Enjoy Life semi-sweet chips, but you could use dark chocolate as well
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt optional
Peanut Butter Coookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in Peanut Butter.
- In a separate small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Form into tiny balls (about 1- 1 1/2 inches) and place on prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Note: the batter is "wet" sometimes, not forming perfect balls but don't worry! Press dough balls with the back of a fork to flatten slightly and make criss-cross.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week. Freeze well.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler if you have one, or in the microwave.
- Transfer to a a small bowl.
- Dip 1/3 - 1/2 of the cooled cookie into chocolate, let any excess drip off a bit, then place on parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet or plate and let cool. To speed up cooling, set cookies outside if it's cold out or in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Option: when partly cooled, sprinkle with coarse sea salt or kosher salt.
- Store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week.