Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
- 5 tablespoons butter or dairy-free butter softened to room temperature
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter that's the equivalent of 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips diviided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour we used GF Jules, affiliate link
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, peanut butter, both types of sugar and egg, and mix till well combined. I used a stand mixer, but a hand mixer works well too.
- Add water and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and using a pastry cutter, whisk or fork, mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup -3/4 cup chocolate chips (add according to tastes but if not using top layer of chocolate, it's recommended to use 3/4 cups) and combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips over the hot blondies. Place a baking sheet over the top of the pan to contain the heat and let chips soften for about 5 minutes, then spread warmed chips evenly over the blondies using a spatula. (remember pan may still be warm so use an oven mitt as needed)
- Cool at room temperature (or set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow top layer to set.
- Option to sprinkle slightly cooled chocolate with kosther salt.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.