Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or nut or seed butter of your choice
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour easy to make your own! Toss 1 heaping cup of your favorite gluten-free oats into a food processor to convert to oat flour**
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- **UPDATE: many of you have asked for a substitute for oats. We have made it with almond flour in place of oat flour and it works beautifully if you are looking for an oat-free grain-free alternative.
- 1 cup chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cover an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, on low heat, mix peanut butter and maple syrup until combined and smooth -- approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add oat flour and stir until well combined. The mix will be thick.
- Transfer mix to the square pan and press into pan to spread evenly. I like to press the mix down with a spatula to make sure it is even.
- Wipe the sauce pan clean, then heat chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat, stirring frequently until melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat, then pour chocolate evenly over bar mixture. (rock pan side to side a bit to make sure even)
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or overnight, until firm
- Remove from refrigerator and let bars rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting. If they are cold, the chocolate may crack a bit when cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Can be frozen.