Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- ½ cup butter or dairy-free butter.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate 100% Cacao Chips we used Pascha Organic (OR the original recipe called for 2- one ounce squares unsweetened chocolate)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten free all purpose flour with xanthan gum we used GF Jules - affiliate link
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped (you could also chop more finely)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 8x8x2 pan with parchment paper, or grease and lightly flour.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over very low heat stirring constantly. Cool slightly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk or pastry cutter, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs till light and airy.
- Add sugar to the beaten eggs and mix to combine.
- Add in chocolate mixture and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in nuts, leaving some aside for topping if desired.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool. Cut in 16 squares and enjoy!