Classic Pizza with Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Better than Take-Out!
Tonight we are all staying in watching the Final Four NCAA Championships and eating pizza!
This pizza is made with Caulipower ready-made Cauliflower pizza crust, Whole Foods low-fat mozzarella and our Simple Tomato Sauce. Couldn’t be any easier or yummier!
This is our first time trying the Caulipower pizza crust and we love it! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and takes all the work out of making your own. It has a nice texture more like a regular pizza crust then a cauliflower crust and you can’t taste the cauliflower (which is a good thing with teen boys 🙂 )
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Simple Tomato Sauce
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6oz Plain tomato paste (Lately we've been using Muir Glen because it's labeled gluten-free. Be sure use plain, not seasoned, as seasoned sometimes contain wheat in some brands)
- 1 Tomato purée (we use Pomi Strained Tomatoes, 26.46oz)
- 1 tbsp or more, dried basil
- Salt to taste
- ⅛-1/4 tsp Pepper or to taste
- Heat olive oil under medium heat
- Sauté garlic until fragrant and just starting to brown
- Add tomato paste & stir in with olive oil
- Add tomato puree & stir together (If you want to make more or less, stick with ratio of 1 paste:1 puree)
- Add 1 cup of water or more till desired thickness
- Add lots of dried basil (I use approx 1 TBSP)
- Add pepper to taste (I use approx ⅛ 1- ¼ tsp)
- Add salt to taste (I tend not to use)
- Simmer for at least an hour, the longer the better
- Add water as needed