Confetti Rice Salad
Colorful, Flavorful and Crowd-pleasing!
Unofficial end-of-Summer celebration with this colorful and delicious rice salad!
It’s rice + a ton of diced vegetables and herbs, all tossed in a dijon-balsamic vinaigrette. It’s the type of salad that goes with everything… it works well with a grilled protein– chicken, steak, tofu or burgers of any kind, or even other grilled vegetables. It’s packed with flavor but no one flavor is overpowering, it’s light and refreshing, satisfying and crowd pleasing.
Best part is it’s super easy to make and makes a large quantity (also doubles well) so it’s perfect for meal prep or a party or barbecue. It’s also easily adaptable to tastes if you want to substitute a different vegetable.
Recipe adapted from Silver Palate.
Scroll down for recipe.
Confetti Rice Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salad, Sides, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 4 cups cooked, hot rice
- ½ red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- ½ yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 shallot,diced
- ½ 10 oz pkg frozen petite peas, dethawed
- ½ cup currants (My family isn't a fan of currents so I've made without, but I think it adds an nice and unexpected touch of sweetness)
- ¼ cup black olives, diced
- ⅛ cup parsley, chopped (I've made it with both curly and flat leaf parsley)
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and whisk until well combined.
- Place cooked rice (while still warm) in a large bowl. Pour ½ cup dressing over rice and stir to combine.
- Add veggies and toss to combine.
- Taste and add additional dressing, salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Stays well in refrigerator for several days and can be enjoyed cold, at room temperature or warm.