Confetti Rice Salad
- 4 cups cooked hot rice (Approximately 1 1/2 cups dry rice yields 4 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (about 1/2 red onion)
- 3 scallions white and green parts, sliced
- 1 shallot diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 10 oz pkg frozen petite peas de-thawed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup steamed asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup fresh green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup currants optional but adds an nice and unexpected touch of sweetness
- 1/4 cup black olives diced
- 1/8 cup parsley chopped (I've made it with both curly and flat leaf parsley)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
Dressing (makes 1 cup -- you may not need it all so save the rest for a salad)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- If you haven't made rice, do so now in whatever method you prefer. We use both a multipot and basic water and rice boil according to package.
If you haven't steam asparagus, so do now too.
- Takes about 3-5 minutes until tender crisp
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and whisk until well combined.
- Place cooked rice (while still warm) in a large bowl. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over rice and stir to combine.
- Add veggies and toss to combine.
- Taste and add additional dressing, salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Stays well in refrigerator for several days and can be enjoyed cold, at room temperature or warm.