Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
Crispy Baked Avocado (recipe adapted from Eating Well)
- 2 firm avocados cut into ½-inch-thick wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha feel free to add more if you want an extra kick
Crispy Baked Avocados
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place parchment paper or non stick foil on a baking sheet.
- Create an assembly line with 3 shallow bowls. In the first bowl mix flour, salt & pepper. The second, lightly beat the eggs. And in the third, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- One at a time, coat the avocado wedges in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in the egg. Then coat both sides with the panko, pressing to help it stick if needed.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the avocados are prepared, bake until golden brown, turning halfway through, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth and creamy.