Crispy Baked Avocado Tacos
Crispy Baked Avocado (recipe adapted from Eating Well)
- 2 firm avocados cut into ½-inch-thick wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha feel free to add more if you want an extra kick
Pico de Gallo
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Romaine lettuce leaves, approximately 5 inch in length.
Crispy Baked Avocados
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place parchment paper or non stick foil on a baking sheet.
- Create an assembly line with 3 shallow bowls. In the first bowl mix flour, salt & pepper. The second, lightly beat the eggs. And in the third, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- One at a time, coat the avocado wedges in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in the egg. Then coat both sides with the panko, pressing to help it stick if needed.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the avocados are prepared, bake until golden brown, turning halfway through, approximately 12-18 minutes.
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Pico de gallo
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- In each lettuce boat add 2-3 avocados, top with pico de gallo and sriracha aioli. Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Crispy Baked Avocado Tacos”
I made these tacos tonight and they were not only super quick and easy to make but so amazingly delicious! So happy to have a healthy alternative to the usual tacos. Will definitely make these again! ?
So happy you love them too! Thanks for sharing!
These are great! The crispy avocado is so crunchy and still filling and delicious! I actually substituted the siete tortillas instead of the lettuce which is great but I’m sure the lettuce is as well. Was just feeling like the tortilla that day!
Meant to leave it 5 stars but I pressed done too early.