Curried Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water err on the side of less than 2 cups, not more
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup dried currants or raisins we prefer the smaller currents
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 scallions thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt I've made this with both regular yogurt and almond milk yogurt. Do not use Greek yogurt-- it won't combine well with the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt more to taste. The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 teaspoons salt which I found much too salty
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place quinoa and water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to simmer, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Once water is absorbed, turn off heat and let cool briefly. Fluff with fork before using. Note: once cooked, it will be just over 4 cups of quinoa.
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined (it will be a creamy slightly yellow color) and set aside.
- Place 4 cups of cooled quinoa in a large bowl (you may have a little plain quinoa left over) Pour dressing over quinoa and mix well a large slotted spoon or a fork.
- Add the carrots, parsley, currants, almonds, scallions, and red onions, toss together. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Best in the first 24 hours if serving to a crowd but saves well for a few days.
6 thoughts on “Curried Quinoa Salad”
This is a GREAT recipe – thank you!
So happy you love it too!
Hi karen! Do you have a calorie count for this recipe? It looks great! Thank you!
Hi. At this time, I don’t have nutritional information including calories on my recipes.
Thanks! It was delicious but next time i will double the dressing!
This is such an easy salad and super tasty! I love it and have made it several times now. Perfect for this time of year in Australia!
I love nuts but can not eat them so I leave them out. Still a super impressive side with dinner or to meal prep for the week! Thank you for sharing x