Easy Asian Noodles
- 1/4 cup gluten-free low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 12 oz package gluten-free spaghetti or other noodles
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 small bunch watercress coarsely chopped or approximately 3-4 cups bagged watercress (some stores sell it in bags, others loose)
- 1/2 cup green parts of green onions chopped, add more to taste and add a few white parts to taste
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds add more to taste
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil in small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, and cook 5 minutes less than minimum recommended cooking time on package. (Do not drain yet, see step 2)
- Add edamame and carrots to boiling water, and continue cooking until noodles are tender. (If package says noodles cook in 5 minutes, add all ingredients at once.) Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain into a colander.
- Return entire mixture to the cooking pot. Stir in watercress, green onions, sesame seeds and dressing, and stir while watercress wilts. While stirring, add reserved pasta water as needed to get desired consistency.
- Add more watercress, scallions or sesame seeds as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.