Easy Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls
- oil of choice for coating pan
- 2 ¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour with xanthan gum + 1 tablespoon separated (we used GF Jules, affiliate link)
- 1 package 2 1/4 teaspoons gluten-free Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or dairy-free butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- melted butter for brushing tops optional
- Generously coat a 9 inch pie pan with oil of choice (we used olive oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 3/4 cups gluten free flour, rapid rise yeast, baking powder, salt and sugar, and mix to combine.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add water, milk and melted butter. Heat until 110 degrees F with a kitchen thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Add apple cider vinegar to warmed water/ milk mix and stir to combine.
- Add warmed wet ingredient and egg to the flour mix. Using a paddle attachment, mix to combine, about 30-60 seconds.
- Switch to a bread or hook attachment and on medium speed mix the dough for 6 minutes (set your timer!). NOTE: At 4 minutes, while dough is still mixing, add extra 1 tablespoon of flour. Dough will be sticky but pliable.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop batter into 9 balls and place each ball into the well oiled pie pan with one in the center and 8 around the edges, forming balls with your hands. Pro tip: put a little oil on your hands to keep dough from sticking to you while forming shape, and lightly spread oil on each ball of dough.
- Cover dough with well oiled plastic wrap, then cover with a clean towel and place in a cupboard for 30 minutes to rise.
- Near end of the 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- After 30 minutes, dough should rise and double, filling the pie pan. Remove towel and plastic wrap and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top (center will be about 200 degrees if you want to check with your kitchen thermometer).
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Let cool a few minutes and enjoy!
- Can be reheated the next day in the microwave for a few seconds for that just out of the oven feel. Or can be frozen after baking, then dethawed and reheated in microwave.