Rainbow Crunch Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
Rainbow Crunch Salad
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced into thin strips or diced (your preference)
- 2 cups purple cabbage, sliced into thin strips or diced (your preference)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced or diced (your preference)
- ¾ cup 1 bunch scallions, green part only, sliced approximately 3/4 cup
- ½-1 cup fresh basil , cut small or sliced into strips
- 1½ cup frozen shelled edamame (plus salt for salting water) (plus salt for salting water)
- ½-1 cup salted roasted peanuts more to taste
Peanut Ginger Dressing
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 ½ - 2 inch piece fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger) I cut outer skin off the ginger and usually use a piece that's 1 ½ - 2 inches long, ½-¾ inches wide
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 squirts sriracha
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of 1 large lime or two smaller ones)
- ¼ cup hot water
Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blended until smooth, approximately 1 minute. Taste and add more ginger or lime juice to taste. Set aside. Can be made a day or two ahead and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Make the Edamame while you chop other vegetables. Following the instructions on the package, bring a pot of well salted water to a boil. Add Edamame, bring to a second boil and and cook 5-7 minutes until crisp tender. Drain from water and set aside. Can be made ahead.
- In a large bowl, add all chopped veggies, cooked edamame,and peanuts and mix together. Add dressing and toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy.
- If making ahead or not enjoying all at once, prep the salad but toss with Ginger Peanut Dressing only when ready to serve (or day of serving) to keep freshest.