Farmers’ Market Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Easy, Refreshing & Delicious!
Tomorrow may be the first day of school but with a 90 degree heat wave underway, it feels like summer… So savoring the last days of Summer with this easy, refreshing and absolutely delicious salad that showcases the best of summer produce.
Fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, fresh peaches, cucumber and avocado all tossed in our favorite Basil Vinaigrette. Simple, quick and easy to prepare and a total crowd pleaser. Pairs well with so just about any grilled protein… salmon, chicken, steak, tofu or even other veggies!
Combination inspired by Rachel Good Eats and What’s Gaby Cooking. Basil Vinaigrette recipe adapted from The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook, we’ve been making it for years and can’t say enough about how yummy it is!
Scroll down for recipe.
Farmers' Market Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salad, Side
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 5oz container Fresh Arugula or approximately 5 packed cups
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 -2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into ¼ -1/2 inch slices and quartered
- Put the salt and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse to chop and combine
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until basil is completely minced and all ingredients well combined.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Sometimes I add a little bit more mustard or vinegar for some tang or extra basil... you really can't go wrong!
- Toss arugula with half the dressing. Add tomatoes and cucumbers and gently toss to combine, adding more dressing as desired. Add peaches and avocado and gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!