Farmers' Market Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Basil Vinaigrette (adapted from The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt I like to start with 1/4 teaspoon and add more as desired
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 5 oz container Fresh Arugula or approximately 5 packed cups
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado cut into bite size pieces
- 1 -2 peaches sliced
- 1 cup cucumber cut into 1/4 -1/2 inch slices and quartered
- Put the salt and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse to chop and combine
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until basil is completely minced and all ingredients well combined.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Sometimes I add a little bit more mustard or vinegar for some tang or extra basil... you really can't go wrong!
- Toss arugula with half the dressing. Add tomatoes and cucumbers and gently toss to combine, adding more dressing as desired. Add peaches and avocado and gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!