Flourless Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- approximately 1 cup gluten-free candy canes pieces more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. ( I used the whisk attachment of a stand mixer)
- Add egg whites, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. (using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies approximately 2 inches apart as they will spread.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and crackled.
- Meanwhile while cookies bake, break candy canes into pieces. I find it easiest to place the candy canes in a plastic bag and break them into pieces but rolling them with a rolling pin but any way will work!
- As soon as cookies come out of oven, while still warm, gently press candy cane pieces into the top of the cookie.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
- Stores well in airtight container, at room temperature for several days.