Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 4.4 oz White Chocolate Bars alternatively you could use white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons pistachios* salted or unsalted, I prefer salted
- ¼ cup almonds whole or sliced*
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds* unsalted
- ¼ cup pecans* whole or break into pieces
- Line a half size baking sheet (approximately 10x15) with parchment paper. If you don't have a half size just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and don't use the entire sheet when spreading the chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Layer
- Using a double boiler*, bring the water in the bottom saucepan to a boil, reduce heat to low and add dark chocolate chips to the top pan. Stirring frequently, let the chips slowly melt, until super smooth. Takes about 5 minutes. Do not rush this process -- if the chips are over too high heat or heat too quickly they will "over cook" and harden a bit.
- When melted and smooth, pour chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to spread chocolate in an even layer. (I usually leave about an inch border around the outside of the baking sheet)
- Let chocolate layer cool either outside or in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
White Chocolate Layer
- Using a similar process as the dark chocolate, melt the white chocolate. Note: White chocolate tends to seize up or harden quicker than other chocolate so be sure to stir frequently and make sure the heat is on low or even simmer.
- When melted lift pan out of water and dry the bottom of the pan a bit so it doesn't drip hot water on the chocolate layer when you pour the white chocolate.
- Pour melted white chocolate over cooled dark chocolate layer and spread evenly. I like to leave a little bit of the dark chocolate as a border around the edge but that is just personal preference.
- Add toppings to the warm white chocolate.
- Let cool and set for at least an hour. I have set mine outside or in the freezer or fridge when I want to cooler quicker.
- Slice or break bark into pieces and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in a cool place.