Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/3 cup butter or butter alternative softened (we used Earth Balance soy-Free sticks)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips plus extra for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square baking pan: cover parchment paper, allowing it to slightly overhang opposite ends.
- Mix butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Add in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla, mix well.
- Whisk almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Top with a few extra chips for decoration if desired.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (or with just chocolate on it!). Tip: if the top is done and you want to cook it a few extra minutes, cover with foil.
- Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Lift the entire parchment paper out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- I like to store in the refrigerator.