Glazed Orange Bread
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour with xanthan gum we used GFJules - affiliate link
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup 5 tablespoons butter or dairy free alternative, softened
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 packed tablespoon grated orange rind zest
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh orange juice I juiced the oranges I grated for the bread
- lem!Orange Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 1 10 inch loaf pan by greasing it and lightly dusting with flour OR lining] with parchment paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Cut in butter using the pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal.
- Separately combine the orange juice, orange zest, orange extract and the beaten egg in small bowl or large liquid measuring cup.
- Pour liquid mixture all at once into the dry ingredients and mix just to dampen and combine.
- Spoon into prepared 10" loaf pan.
- Spread evenly in pan and into the corners.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, then cover gently with foil if top golden enough for you and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a butter knife (or wooden skewer or cake tester) comes out of the center cleanly.
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on metal rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk or stir together orange juice and powdered sugar until well combined. Start with 3 tablespoons and add a 4th to thin it out. It will look like it's not going to mix together at first but just whisk or stir well and it will combine and thin out beautifully.
- When bread is fully cool, with bread on cooling rack and wax paper underneath it, pour glaze over the bread, Use a spoon as desired to spread glaze across bread.
- Let set and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Glazed Orange Quick Bread”
Made this recipe the other day and it’s delicious! The bread itself is not overly sweet and the glaze is a perfect addition. I made mine with regular flour since I’m not gluten free and it was still great. The orange flavor was such a fun change from all the banana breads that I’ve made over the past year. I’m not advanced at baking and I didn’t find this hard to make at all. Thank you for sharing this!!
Thanks Katie! So happy you enjoyed it!
What is the width of the 10 inch loaf pan? Can I use an8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan?
Hi! The 10 inch pan is approximately 10×5 inches. If you choose to use an 8.5 in pan, I would decrease the ingredients proportionately, otherwise it will be too much batter for the pan