Gluten-Free Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces , stems mostly removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped approximately 1 - 1.25 cups
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 1 cup milk we've used both 2% and whole milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly spray a 9 1/2 inch pie pan with oil of choice.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan over medium heat. When oil is hot (shimmering but not burning), add the onion. Saute 5-7 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Add broccoli, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, saute an additional 5 minutes, covering if possible, until bright green and tender crisp. Set aside. Cook longer for softer broccoli.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Then add half and half, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and chives and whisk to combine.
- Spoon sauteed onion broccoli mixture into the prepared pie pan and spread evenly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top of it all.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until quiche is set in the center, and a knife or toothpick comes out clean. It will puff up and brown a bit. I usually check at 30 minutes and if a toothpick or knife come out clean, it’s done! If you want to cook an additional 5 minutes and the top is golden, cover loosely with foil for the last 5 minutes.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Any extra stores well in the refrigerator and reheats well*.