Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate Brownie Layer (including Brownie Swirl)
- 10 tablespoons butter or dairy free butter
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour with xanthan gum we used GFJules (affiliate link)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (100% cacao)
- 1 8 oz bar cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk or dairy-free milk we've used 1%, 2% and whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Brownie Layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8x8 metal pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in both sugars and mix to combine well.
- Add chocolate mixture and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Reserve 1/2 cup brownie batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining brownie batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, blend until very smooth.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto uncooked brownie layer. Use a spatula to smooth the top or gently rock the pan from side to side.
Chocolate Brownie Swirl
- In a small bowl, mix the reserved brownie batter + 2 tablespoons warm/hot water with a spoon to combine well and thin out the batter.
- Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate brownie batter in swirls or dollops over cheesecake layer a little at a time. Then using a toothpick, gently swirl the chocolate into the top of the cheesecake. The toothpick should just barely grab the cheesecake filling. There is no right or wrong here, have fun with it and repeat until you've either used all or most of the chocolate.
- Bake 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until set (filling should jiggle only slightly when pan is gently shaken).
- Cool completely in pan. Cover pan loosely with wax paper and chill until firm --about 2 hours (I often chill overnight based on my timing).
- Gently lift the parchment paper and squares from the pan. Gently pull parchment paper away from sides. Cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for several days.