Chocolate Chip Apple Muffins
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour with xanthum gum we used GF Jules (affiliate link)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or dairy free butter melted (we use Earth Balance soy free sticks)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup grated apple skin removed
- 1 cup chopped apple skin removed
- ½ cup chocolate chips plus more for topping (we used semi sweet)
- ½ heaping cup chopped walnuts skip if nut free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 full size muffin tins with baking cups.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and combine with a pastry cutter or fork. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl, add eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla and mix to combine and smooth. Add apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Stir in grated apple and chopped apples.
- Stir in nuts if using.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Using a large spoon or cookie scooper divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. TIP: Check at 25 minutes and if the tops are "done enough", cover with foil and bake the additional 5-10 minutes.
- Let rest in the baking tins for 10 mins, then let cool on a baking rack.
- Tip: if there are extras, they freeze well.
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Apple Muffins”
Oh my goodness! These are the best and I can’t wait to use this recipe for many years. My family loves your recipes so much. The bread tastes amazing and love the sweet taste of the apples and chocolate chips. Seriously the best- thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much Gabby! You just made my day! 🙂
Can you tell me how many calories are per muffin?
Great question! At this time, I don’t have nutritional information including calories on my recipes.