Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- 10 inch loaf pan
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free Flour with xanthum gum we used GF Jules (affiliate link)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, whisked
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 1¼ cup mashed banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 10 in loaf pan with parchment paper OR grease and flour. I prefer using parchment paper with this recipe because it is easier to lift out the bread without losing any topping.
- Make the cinnamon streusel by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and combining well with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and combine with a pastry cutter or fork. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg, sugar, butter and bananas and mix until combined and smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Assemble: Using a large spoon, scoop or pour approximately 1/2 the batter into prepared bread pan and spread evenly. Generously sprinkle a layer of cinnamon streusel so that it completely covers the banana bread batter. (you will use half the streusel or more). Spoon the remaining banana bread batter on top and spread evenly using the backside of a spoon or spatula. Top with remaining cinnamon streusel.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Tip: check at 40 minutes and if top perfectly golden, cover loosely with foil and continue baking until center done.
- Let cool in the pan for 20 -30 minutes. Lift parchment paper and bread out of pan and let cool on a wire baking rack. Slice and enjoy!