Gluten-Free Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 20 gluten-free Oreos cookies * *Note: you will need 1 12.08oz package of Gluten-Free Oreos in total, divided between the crust and cheesecake layer.
- 3 tablespoons butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 2 8oz cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream or dairy-free sour cream, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 10 Oreos, crushed (4 should be saved for the topping) I break these with my hand so that I have larger and smaller pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper so that the edges hang over or are tucked into the the pan. Set aside.
- Make the Oreo crust: Using a food processor, add the Oreos and process until all the Oreos are crushed into fine crumbs -- this takes 1-2 minutes. Add melted butter and pulse to combine to that all the Oreo crumbs are "moist". Transfer the Oreo mix to the prepared baking pan and using your hands, press firmly and evenly into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the cheesecake: While the crust bakes, add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and using a electric stand or hand mixer, blend until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and mix again until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, salt and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each one and scraping down the sides as needed. Mix on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add the crushed Oreos, reserving some (I reserve about 4) for the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking at 25 minutes and if the top is starting to turn golden, cover loosely with foil and continue baking. When they are done, the cheesecake will be set on the outside, ever so slightly jiggly in the center if you shake the pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan. Cover pan loosely with wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Gently lift the parchment paper and Oreo cheesecake bars from the pan. Gently pull parchment paper away from the sides and cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Store covered or in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days.