Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
- 1¾ cup all purpose gluten-free flour with xanthum gum we used GF Jules - affiliate link
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup cane sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese softened and cut into 8 pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter or dairy free butter melted and still warm
- 1 large egg or flax egg 1 tablespoon flax meal and 2½ tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Gluten-free rainbow sprinkles for decorating
- Make dough
- If using flax egg and you haven't already made it, mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2½ tablespoon water and let sit 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1¼ cup sugar and cream cheese. Pour melted butter over the sugar and cream cheese and using the whisk attachment, whisk to combine. (some lumps in cream cheese may remain but will smooth out later).
- Whisk in egg or flax egg and vanilla and combine until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and using the paddle attachment or stirring by hand, mix dry and wet ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll, Decorate and Bake
- After 30 minutes, Preheat oven to 350 degree F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place rainbow sprinkles into a shallow bowl.
- Divide dough into 24* equal parts(about 1½ tablespoon each).
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- One at a time, roll each ball in the bowl of rainbow sprinkles then place back on baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup, gently press down each ball to be about ½ inch thick.
- Sprinkle with more rainbow sprinkles as desired and gently use the back of the measuring cup to tap down on sprinkles once or twice. This will help them set into the cookie.
- Bake on the middle rack, one at a time if you have that option, for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will have slightly crackled tops and be set but not overly crisp.
- Let cool on the baking sheet and Enjoy!
- Store in air tight container.
- Cookies freeze well.