- 2 3/4 cups 360 grams gluten-free all-purpose flour with xanthan gum (we used GFJules -affiliate link)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons 2 sticks or 8 ounces or 225 grams butter or dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar 350 grams, divided, plus more if needed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon plus more if needed
Make the dough
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt with a pastry cutter or whisk. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
- Chill dough for an hour.
Once dough has chilled
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- in a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough and form golf size balls of the dough (approximately 1 1/2 inch balls), and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack (they will not brown), about 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets after five minutes.
- Transfer the sheets to a wire rack to cool about five minutes before transferring the cookies to the rack.
- Stored in an airtight container up to one week.