Greek Chickpea Salad
Easy, Savory and DELISH! A total crowd pleaser! And... it won't wilt in the heat!
If you love Greek salads, this one’s for you!
All the best flavors, light but hearty and a total crowd pleaser!
We first made this last Memorial Day weekend and it quickly became a favorite of ours and yours! It was on repeat all Summer and something tells me it will be on repeat again this Summer…
It’s such a perfect Summer salad because there is nothing to wilt so it withstands the heat!
It is all my favorite flavors and it’s super easy to whip up! It’s just 8 real, whole food ingredients all tossed in the yummiest Lemony Vinaigrette
The details… canned chickpeas, cucumber, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, creamy feta and fresh chopped parsley all tossed in the yummiest Lemony Vinaigrette.
Simple and delish!
Super easy to make, it makes a large quantity so perfect for a party or meal prep. And it’s hearty so it stays fresh for several days — there’s nothing to wilt.
It you are looking for a heartier version you could try the Greek Chickpea Salad with Spinach and Quinoa.
Hope you love it as much as we do!
Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try.
Greek Chickpea Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Sides, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegetarian
- 2 cups cucumber, sliced and quartered (we used English Cucumbers)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt (or more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk all ingredients until well combined. Set aside. Note any extra dressing saves well in the refrigerator for several days in a sealed jar.
- Place all ingredients except parsley in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad to taste and toss to combine. Stir in parsley and serve.