Greens on Green Pizza
Vegan Basil-Pumpkin Seed Pesto (recipe from Urban Kitchen Apothecary)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/3 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt + black pepper
- 1 container chopped kale or 1 bunch kale chopped
- Approximately 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crush red pepper or to taste (Optional but recommended)
- Approximately 1/4 cup goat cheese or to taste (or a dairy free alternative)
- Approximately 1/4 cup crumbled feta or to taste (or a dairy free alternative)
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Micro greens Optional for garnish, I didn't add them this time
1 Cali'flour Foods Pizza Crust
Click Here if you want to make your own cauliflower pizza crust.
Prepare Cali'flour Foods Pizza Crust according to package and set aside.
- Blend all the pesto ingredients together using a food processor or blender.
- Note: I didn't have any trouble blending it in a blender but if too thick or difficult to blend add an additional 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Set aside
Kale & Chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add crushed pepper if desired and stir approximately 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chickpeas and saute for approx 5-7 minutes or until just starting to brown
- Add kale and saute until just wilted
- Set aside.
- Spoon Pesto over pizza crust leaving a 1/4 in edge
- Top with Kale and chickpea mixture
- Top with cheeses
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sesame seed, fennel, salt to taste
- Garnish with micro greens if desired.