Greens on Green Pizza
Savory & Delicious!
This is my second time recreating my friend Nancy’s (of Urban Kitchen Apothecary) Greens on Green pizza. It was even better than I remembered!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust topped with Basil-Pumpkin Seed Pesto, Sautéed Kale & Chickpeas, Goat Cheese, Feta Cheese, and a fennel-sesame seed-salt mix to finish with some crunch and flavor pop. It’s an AMAZING combination of flavors!
This time I made it using a Cali’flour Foods pizza crust so it came together really quickly. I love using Cali’flour pizza crusts because you get the taste and texture of homemade without any of the work. This entire pizza came together in less than 30 minutes.
You can use code “healthyGFfamily”* for 10% off any order over $50 at califlourfoods.com . Happy pizza making!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Greens on Green Pizza
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan optional
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- ⅓ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt + black pepper
- 1 container chopped kale or 1 bunch kale, chopped
- Approximately 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crush red pepper, or to taste (Optional but recommended)
- Approximately ¼ cup goat cheese, or to taste (or a dairy free alternative)
- Approximately ¼ cup crumbled feta, or to taste (or a dairy free alternative)
- Heaping ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- Heaping ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Micro greens (Optional for garnish, I didn't add them this time)
- Blend all the pesto ingredients together using a food processor or blender.
- Note: I didn't have any trouble blending it in a blender but if too thick or difficult to blend add an additional 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Set aside
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add crushed pepper if desired and stir approximately 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chickpeas and saute for approx 5-7 minutes or until just starting to brown
- Add kale and saute until just wilted
- Set aside.
- Spoon Pesto over pizza crust leaving a ¼ in edge
- Top with Kale and chickpea mixture
- Top with cheeses
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sesame seed, fennel, salt to taste
- Garnish with micro greens if desired.