Grilled Eggplant Pizza
- 1 Cauliflower pizza crust or gluten-free pizza crust of your choice. We used Califlour Foods
Lemony Garlic Vinaigrette & Lemony Shallots
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon. fresh lemon juice divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds light crushed with a back of a spoon
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 small shallot very finely diced
- 1 large eggplant or 2-3 small ones cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- Kosher salt.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
Lemony Garlic Vinaigrette
- In a liquid measuring cup, add minced garlic, sprinkle with salt, and mash into a paste with the back of a spoon. Add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the olive oil, cumin, and cayenne into the garlic mixture. Season to taste with salt and additional cayenne if desired.
- Combine the shallot with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt in another bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt. Place eggplant on a grill tray and grill over medium high heat until golden-brown grill marks form, 3-4 minutes. Turn the eggplant and grill until tender and grill marks form on the second sides, approximately 3 to 4 minutes more. (The interior should be grayish and soft rather than white and hard). Alternatively, use an indoor grill pan, 3-4 minutes each side.
Cauliflour Pizza Crust
- While the eggplant grills, prepare pizza crust according to package.
- Top prepared pizza with grilled eggplant slices.
- Then top eggplant with the shallots, feta, and herbs.
- Whisk the vinaigrette one more time and drizzle it on top.
- Serve and enjoy!