Grilled Eggplant Pizza
Simple, Flavorful and Satisfying!
This simple pizza was inspired by an absolutely divine Grilled Eggplant side dish from Fine Cooking. My husband and I love eggplant so we decided to turn into a meal.
It is simply a cauliflower pizza crust, topped with grilled eggplant, then topped with lemony shallots, feta, fresh mint and cilantro and drizzled with a lemony-garlicky-cumin vinaigrette.
The combination was fresh, flavorful and so satisfying!
Remember you can use affiliate code “healthyGFfamily” for 10% off any order over $50 at califlourfoods.com.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Grilled Eggplant Pizza
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegetarian
- 1 Cauliflower pizza crust or gluten-free pizza crust of your choice. (We used Califlour Foods)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1½ tablespoon. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, light crushed with a back of a spoon
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 small shallot, very finely diced
- 1 large eggplant or 2-3 small ones, cut into ¼ inch-thick slices
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- Kosher salt.
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a liquid measuring cup, add minced garlic, sprinkle with salt, and mash into a paste with the back of a spoon. Add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the olive oil, cumin, and cayenne into the garlic mixture. Season to taste with salt and additional cayenne if desired.
- Combine the shallot with the remaining ½ tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt in another bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt. Place eggplant on a grill tray and grill over medium high heat until golden-brown grill marks form, 3-4 minutes. Turn the eggplant and grill until tender and grill marks form on the second sides, approximately 3 to 4 minutes more. (The interior should be grayish and soft rather than white and hard). Alternatively, use an indoor grill pan, 3-4 minutes each side.
- While the eggplant grills, prepare pizza crust according to package.
- Top prepared pizza with grilled eggplant slices.
- Then top eggplant with the shallots, feta, and herbs.
- Whisk the vinaigrette one more time and drizzle it on top.
- Serve and enjoy!