Harvest Salad with Maple Glazed Delicata Squash
Nourishing & Delicious!
Kale yeah! Reshot this HARVEST SALAD for the website today and it tasted even better than I remembered.
Massaged kale, ROASTED MAPLE-GLAZED DELICATA SQUASH, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, and the yummiest CITRUS Dressing. The dressing is actually my favorite part of the salad — it’s lemon juice, maple syrup, EVOO, shallots and a touch of Dijon. A little sweet, a little savory, a little tangy…. A lot delicious!
This recipe is from a friend and has been one of my Fall favorites for a long time. It’s equally fabulous as part of a dinner or a holiday dinner.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Harvest Salad with Kale and Maple-Glazed Delicata Squash Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 delicata squash
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- Olive oil (approx 2 tbsp, divided)
- Maple syrup to taste (approx 1-2 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (approx 1 tbsp)
- ¼ cup EVOO
- Juice from 1 lemon (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp minced shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean squash thoroughly (leave skin on delicata, it's ok to eat)
- Cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Slice into approx ¼ inch slices.
- Toss with olive oil and maple syrup (just enough to coat)
- Roast squash at 400° for approx 30-40 minutes, until softened and caramelized.
- Set Aside and let cool.
- Whisk all ingredients together to combine. Taste and adjust to tastes as needed.
- Slice kale in ribbons, removing stems.
- Add a touch of olive oil and lemon juice
- Gently massage kale until softened (this will make it more tender and a bit sweeter)
- Combine roasted squash and kale with cranberries, almonds and desired amount of dressing.