Healthier Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1 15 oz can white beans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or Vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and rinsed(whole or quartered)
- Cooking spray
- Your favorite gluten-free chips or crackers
- Your favorite crudites -- we love it with carrot and celery sticks
- a sprinkle of paprika and fresh parsley for serving to make festive
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat an 8 inch cast iron pan lightly with oil or a 1 or 1½ quart glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except artichokes in a food processor (white beans, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic) and process until smooth. Scrape down sides and process again to make sure it's really smooth.
- Add artichokes and pulse another minute until well chopped, combined and creamy, scraping down sides once as needed.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once out of oven, I like to give a quick stir with a spatula or spoon, sprinkle with paprika and sprinkle with parsley to look more festive.
- Tips: Can be made ahead, stored in the refrigerator and heated up. If in refrigerator, heat for 30 minutes or until hot and heated through, and heat covered with foil for the first 10 minutes.