Easy Homemade Granola
Breakfast is served.
Confession: this is the first time I’ve made homemade granola & I can’t believe how seriously I’ve been missing out! Recipe from my sister-in-law, it’s a combination of her favorite recipes and can be easily adapted to your family’s tastes. The basics are gluten-free oats, 2 types of chopped nuts (we used walnuts & pecans), coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt and dried fruit (we used cranberries). Guess what we’re eating for breakfast tomorrow…
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 4 cups certified Gluten-Free rolled oats
- ½ rounded cup chopped walnuts
- ½ rounded cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (pending how sweet you like it)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dried Cranberries (or dried fruit of your choice)
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats & chopped nuts.
- In a glass measuring cup combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt. Whisk well with a fork.
- Drizzle oil/ syrup mixture over the oats, stirring as you go to make sure all the oats are well coated.
- Spread granola on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for approx 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown, stirring once after about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before stirring in dried fruit.
- Store in air-tight container.