- 1 pound fresh ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 gluten-free baguette
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1-2 tablespoons Curley Italian parsley finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic/ halved
- Fresh rosemary spring optional for frying
- Olive Oil - for frying
- Place bread in a small bowl. Cover with water and soak for about 5-10 minutes, then drain water and squeeze out excess water out. Then break or cut soaked bread into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces.
- Mix all ingredients (except garlic cloves) together with you hands until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 -2 inch balls
- **See Optional Note before proceeding to cook all meatballs
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Olive oil should be about 1/4 inch deep so that meat will fry but not be fully immersed.
- Add garlic and rosemary and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then place meatballs in saute pan and cook approximately 2 minutes, rotate and cook the next "side" 2 minutes, continue rotating and cooking until all sides browned and cooked. NOTE: meatballs should not touch one another and depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook in batches. My skillet requires two batches of cooking.
- **Optional: Do a test run! We will often roll up just one or two meatballs, cook them up and taste. Feel free at that point to add more spices or cheese or bread to adjust to personal tastes.
- Let cooked meatballs cool on plate covered with paper towels, cover meatballs with paper towels and layer as you make more. Cooling on a paper towels absorbs excess oil.
- Store in freezer: Lay a piece of wax paper on a piece of foil. Place meatballs on wax paper. Close up foil into a packet. Place meatball packet in a large ziplock bag. Freeze.