Italian-Spiced Zoodles Bowl
- 1 carton sliced mushrooms or 1 package mushrooms sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes on the vine if possible
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1-2 zucchini rinsed and spiralized with skin left on, 1½ -2 cups pre-spiralized zucchini noodles
- Olive Oil
- 2-4 garlic minced, divided
- Kosher Salt
- 2-3 tablespoons dried Basil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss Mushrooms in olive oil, then place in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with lots of basil (I use 1-1 1/2 tablespoons), salt and pepper to taste. Bake 25 minutes or until tender and just starting to get crispy.
- Gently toss tomatoes in a touch of olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tender and skin started to blister or separate from the tomato.
Sauteed pine nuts and chickpeas
- While the veggies roast, heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly toasted or golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe clean the pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. When olive oil hot and shimmering, not burning, add 1-2 garlic cloves, minced, heat for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chickpeas and heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until desired crispiness. (I usually sautéed just 5-7 minutes) Season with salt, pepper and basil if desired. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. When olive oil hot and shimmering (not smoking), add garlic, stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add zucchini noodles. Saute stirring frequently until Zucchini noodles are tender crisp, approximately 5- 7 minutes. ( Adjust cooking time if your noodles are thicker or thinner). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Season with basil if desired. Add sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- In each bowl, place 1/2 the zoodles, mushrooms, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Garnish with pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy!