Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen “The How Can It Be Gluten Free”.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups GFJules Flour affiliate link or all purpose gluten-free flour containing xanthum gum
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 8 tablespoon butter dairy free alternative, or ghee melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or plain almond milk yogurt (we've used low fat, whole milk and greek -- the greek and whole milk yield a moister muffin)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 packed teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries rinsed + extra rinsed blueberries for topping if desired.
- 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix flour mixture into wet mixture until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain, about 1 minute.
- Gently fold in blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with canola oil spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, portion batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Top with extra blueberries if desired and Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in muffin tin on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from tins and let cool at least another 10 minutes.