Lemony Cheesecake Squares with Raspberry Swirl
Graham Cracker Crust
- a scant 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs I used one (1 5.6oz box Schar Gluten-Free Honeygrams, finely ground into crumbs using a food processor)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz bars cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest packed (about one lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry preserves or jam
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combined and "moist". Add mixture to lined baking pan and gently press into pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, blend until very smooth. Add eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto warm and baked crust in pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top or put on oven mitts and gently rock the pan from side to side. (remember the pan will still be HOT!)
- Combine preserves, raspberries and lemon juice in a small bowl and mash with a fork until well combined.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer so that the "raspberry jam" is smooth and liquid-y
- Using a spoon, drizzle "jam" in swirls over cheesecake filling. Then using a toothpick, gently swirling the jam into the top of the cheesecake. The toothpick should just barely grab the cheesecake filling. There is no right or wrong here, have fun with it and add more jam and swirls as needed or desired.
- Bake 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until set (filling should jiggle only slightly when pan is gently shaken).
- Cool completely in pan. Cover pan loosely with wax paper and chill until firm --about 2 hours.
- Gently lift the parchment paper and squares from the pan. Gently pull parchment paper away from sides. Cut into 16 squares.