Lemony Cheesecake Squares with Raspberry Swirl
Graham Cracker Crust
- a scant 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs I used one (1 5.6oz box Schar Gluten-Free Honeygrams, finely ground into crumbs using a food processor)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz bars cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest packed (about one lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry preserves or jam
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combined and "moist". Add mixture to lined baking pan and gently press into pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, blend until very smooth. Add eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto warm and baked crust in pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top or put on oven mitts and gently rock the pan from side to side. (remember the pan will still be HOT!)
- Combine preserves, raspberries and lemon juice in a small bowl and mash with a fork until well combined.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer so that the "raspberry jam" is smooth and liquid-y
- Using a spoon, drizzle "jam" in swirls over cheesecake filling. Then using a toothpick, gently swirling the jam into the top of the cheesecake. The toothpick should just barely grab the cheesecake filling. There is no right or wrong here, have fun with it and add more jam and swirls as needed or desired.
- Bake 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until set (filling should jiggle only slightly when pan is gently shaken).
- Cool completely in pan. Cover pan loosely with wax paper and chill until firm --about 2 hours.
- Gently lift the parchment paper and squares from the pan. Gently pull parchment paper away from sides. Cut into 16 squares.
14 thoughts on “Lemony Cheesecake Squares with Raspberry Swirl”
These are so good!! I used Annie’s snickerdoodle gluten free graham crackers for the crust. I’m not sure these will make it to Easter because my husband keeps trying to eat them all! So glad I came upon this blog. ?
haha love it! So happy you love them! Thank you and Happy Easter!
Love this recipe. Used ginger gf snaps & lactose free cream cheese, came out perfect. Tks for the idea.
I also used the lactose free cream cheese came out perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this recipe using dairy-free cream cheese (Tofutti brand) and the bars came out delicious! Velvety, smooth, and creamy. I baked them for an extra 10-15 mins to firm up, due to the dairy-free cream cheese. They will become fully firm once cooled and refrigerated so don’t be nervous if still a bit loose after baking. Highly recommend!
Thank you so much! So happy you loved them and happy they worked so well with dairy-free cream cheese!
Amazing dessert!! Super fun and easy to make 10/10 would recommend a perfect Easter treat. Also turn out so pretty 🙂
Thank you!! So happy you loved it! And aren’t they so pretty?
Absolutely love this recipe. Can you double it?
Happy you love them so much! As for doubling, I haven’t tried it… it should work but the issue might be the mixing bowl might not be large enough to hold the ingredients…
Can I double this recipe and use a 9×13? Would I need to change the cooking time at all? I can tell 16 bars will not be near enough!
Great question! I have never doubled the recipe — for a 9×13 I would do 1 1/2 the recipe and it should work, will be a little thicker maybe so may need a few extra minutes (covered) to bake through….. just check with a toothpick or knife…
These were delicious. I just made them for the second time while visiting my family.
Thanks for another yummy recipe.
Happy you love them! Thank you!